July 1, 2010
by

101 fast recipes for grilling

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
I can watch ‘Grill It! with Bobby Flay’ all day long but when it comes to personally hitting the grill I chicken out. Perhaps it’s that novice fear of under-cooking or the idea of singeing off my eyelashes? Either way, it’s time to get over it and figure there’s no better opportunity than the Fourth of July.

This weekend I’ll be channeling my inner Mark Bittman by attempting a few of his ‘101 Fast Recipes for Grilling‘ which range from veggies and fruits, fish and shellfish, kebabs, salads, burgers, sandwiches and breads and even…desserts! The best part – most of the recipes are quick and easy making first grilling attempts less stressful.

I envision nervously easing into my grilling endeavors while wearing a patterned jumpsuit like below (it’s a bit chilly where I’m headed). Salads, veggies, fruits and breads first then once I find my “Flay swagger” it’s me vs. duck à l’orange. Fingers crossed to having eyelashes come next Tuesday!

Photobucket

What is everyone else planning for the long weekend? Any grillllllling?

More MinkPink inspired outfit ideas (sans bathing suits) and pics of recipes after the jump…

MinkPink Outfit idears:

More grilled goodness:
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Cooking Photos: NYTimes
MinkPink Images: Knight Cat

66 Responses to “101 fast recipes for grilling”

blogmoodeuseJuly 1st, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I like grilling and having all my friends around ;) I think I’m gonna do one before going on holidays ! You gave me a bright idea and so many tips about grills ! I think this time my friends are going to be surprised as I’m not really a “chef” !! Have fun and enjoy it !

By the way, I like Bambi as she’s so naturally beautiful !!!!!

My new blog :

EricaJuly 2nd, 2010 at 12:04 am

I cannot grill.
That’s my boyfriend’s job, haha.

I made ribs for dinner tonight, HE’S the one that’s going to be putting them on the grill after they are done boiling.

I like the minkpink pictures! I added a lot to my inspiration folder. They are great summer styles.

-Erica

Classy and Delicious

jennaforjethroJuly 2nd, 2010 at 12:37 am

Y U M!! Thanks for the great idea im getting sick of cooking the same thing over and over and I do love the flavour that grilling adds. gotta love bambi and minkpink too

YahnayJuly 2nd, 2010 at 12:56 am

yummy! all that food looks delish. Im going to the snow this weekend so I dont think grilling and salads will be in store for me, but maybe a roast.
Yum.

EJuly 2nd, 2010 at 4:54 am

I like how you’re incorporating food into your blog. My husband is a total food snob and I feel like it’s one of those artistic passions that (ironically) goes hand-in-hand with fashion. I like it a lot.

KarenJuly 2nd, 2010 at 4:14 pm

printed out the recipes.

There’s no way I can’t try this shit out. It looks too damn good and eeeeeeeeeazzzzzy.

Karen x

Will Work For StyleJuly 3rd, 2010 at 5:18 pm

haha don’t be intimidated by bobby flay. his grilling is actually super simple. I’ve only started cooking in the last few months and I can already rock his “hardest recipes” just follow directions! :)

DanaJuly 4th, 2010 at 3:33 am

Your photos make me want to grill over the long weekend. Every dish you feature looks amazing. Just a BBQ for me this year. As always, thank you for the post and good luck grilling.
Dana

mAdi*cakesJuly 4th, 2010 at 5:26 am

Ohmigosh that all looks amazing and so does the jumpsuit! Pictures must entail girly. Cant wait to see how it turns out. I unfortuantely have to work…HOWEVER I will catch the beginning of a cookout at the church my father pastors-my home church. I love being around good people and good food, dont you? :]
Much love!
XoXO
Madi

ediotJuly 4th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

oh my. wonderful photos. i LOVE grilling. im gonna probably gonna do it tomorrow after work.
hope youre having a wonderful weekend darling

xx ediot

GraceJuly 5th, 2010 at 2:06 am

Lady you are making me hungry. And lord how I would love to style for Mink Pink!

Hope you have a great fourth!

Love Grace.

JULIAJuly 5th, 2010 at 4:34 pm

let’s just say, the last chicken i bbq’d for myself, was undercooked and gave me food poison. it was after that that i became a vegetarian… :P

Leave a Response