June 30, 2011 |
BEYOND stoked to be one of the cover girls (!!!!!) for FOAM mags blogger issue alongside Natalie, Rumi, Jules, Erica and Lauren! The issue covers tonssssss of bloggers including some of my personal faves, Leandra, Kelly, Carolina, Lulu, Christine, Kristin & Val…the list goes on and on and on.
In the article I talk a bit about why I got started, where I’m heading on the web (LEAF!) and share my biggest secret to blogging. Had such a blast on the shoot and I think we were all pretty humbled to be part of a movement that put blogging on the cover of a magazine.
To check out the issue you can scoop up FOAM on newsstands or FOAMmagazine.com.
I wore: Opening Ceremony pants, Diane Von Furstenberg tank, AJE leather jacket, Lanvin heels and Sophie Monet/JewelMint/vintage jewelry.
June 29, 2011 |
1. Gina Tricot pants and jacket, H&M bra.
2. Maison Michel hat, Hope dress.
3. H&M jacket, Monki dress.
4. Wilfried Plezinger dress, Cornelia cuff and Isabel Marant boots.
5. Weekday dress, H&M vest.
How Sue Ellen Crandall (the modern version of) is the all red ensem? SO good!
Photos: Carolines Mode
June 28, 2011 |
Hearty, healthy, happy…one of my favorite summer salads! It’s like taking a trip to the Mediterranean in every single bite.
p.s. it’s also vegan!
HOW TO: Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad
You will need:
One 15-oz can chickpeas (2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
Juice from 1.5 limes
3/4 cup fresh Cilantro
1/2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt + ground pepper
1. In a food processor, add spinach and pulse until finely chopped. Add processed spinach, drained chickpeas, and chopped onion into a large bowl.
2. For the dressing, add lime juice, cilantro, mustard, sugar, garlic, cumin, and oil into your food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Pour dressing on top of the spinach chickpea mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for about 10 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Recipe: Oh She Glows Photos: me