HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEN!!! And in honor of the holiday who doesn’t love caramel covered apples? But let’s be honest: how hard are they to eat? Here’s my twist on Halloween caramel covered apples, 3 ways (video and written recipe after the jump)!
– Assorted apples
– 1 12oz package caramels (we used Werther’s Original)
– 2 tbsp milk
– Chopped peanuts
– Fleur de sel
1. Chill apples in the freezer for 20 mins
2. Slice apples, mix red & green
3. In a saucepan (medium-low heat), add package of caramels
4. Add milk & stir (be careful not to burn!)
5. Wipe off condensation on the apples
6. GO CLASSIC – just caramel
7. GO NUTS – dip in chopped peanuts
8. SWEET & SALTY – dip in fleur de sel
SUBSCRIBE to LEAFtv for more recipes!
Photo: Google Images