Even if you don’t celebrate the holiday, everybody loves potato latkes and while they may not be healthy but they’re beyond delicious!
My families recipe along with a video I made after the jump!
RECIPE: Potato Latkes
You will need
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 3 heaping tsp matzo meal
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- vegetable oil
1. Leaving skin on, clean & scrub 2-3 potatoes.
2. Slice potatoes & onion, grate together in food processor (be sure to use the grater disk).
3. Squeeze out moisture with a towel (must be really dry).
4. In another bowl, mix: egg , matzo meal, salt, pepper.
5. Mix and add to potato mixture.
6. In skillet, heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil over medium high.
7. Working in batches, shape large spoonfuls & cook until golden brown (use a splash guard with hot oil!).
8. Shape latke & add more oil as needed, pat with paper towel.
9. Serve with apple source, sour creme, or our favorite, plain greek yogurt!
SUBSCRIBE to LEAFtv for more recipe videos!