In the spirit of fall, I’m showing you how to roast pumpkin seeds from scratch — straight out of the pumpkin! They’re the perfect nosh to keep in your kitchen at all times. Warning: they’re addicting!
Recipe: LEAFtv Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
You will need need:
– 1 pumpkin, medium to small (I like sugar pumpkins for seeds)
– Olive oil
1. Carefully cut off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out seeds and rinse removing all of the pulp.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and seeds, reduce to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and pat dry.
3. Toss seeds with 1 tsp of olive oil and a generous amount of salt then lay seeds flat on a baking sheet.
4. Roast at 325 for 8-10 mins then take them out of the oven and stir. Roast again for another 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn.
5. ENJOY your roasted pumpkin seeds!