Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a hearty chopped salad every now and then? I teamed up with one of my absolute FAVORITE food bloggers, Valleybrink Road, to compile the ultimate Italian Chopped Salad and man is it good. It’s also HUGE aka ideal for a big group. Dinner party this weekend, anyone?
Recipe: Italian Chopped Salad
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce (halved, cored & thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium radicchio (halved, cored & thinly sliced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 5 peperoncini stems, cut & thinly sliced
- 4 oz provolone cheese, cut into 1/4″ thick strips
- 4 oz salami, cut into 1/4″ thick strips
For Oregano Vinaigrette:
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, dried oregano, lemon juice, sea salt & fresh black pepper. Add 1 cup extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Drizzle oregano vinaigrette.
5. Toss & ENJOY!
To watch a video on how to make this salad head right this way!