Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean ice cream season is over… it’s honestly always ice cream season at my house. For Thanksgiving, I’m tweaking the usual pumpkin pie habit for a healthier option: homemade, vegan, coconut and pumpkin ice cream. So delicious!
Here’s how it’s made (or click play in the video above):
15 oz can coconut milk
1 level cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot
2. Stir over low-heat until the sugar dissolves
3. Transfer to a bowl and freeze for 1 1/2 hours
4. In an ice cream maker, churn for 10-15 minutes
5. Top with candied walnuts and ground ginger snaps
Note: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can blend the frozen mixture in a high-speed blender. It won’t have the same consistency but the amazing flavors will be there!