With fashion month upon us, I thought it would be fun to ask Kristin Heitkotter to whip up a funkier, runway-inspired, hair how-to. And that she did with her ‘Center Braid Pony.’ Isn’t it BADASS?! Here’s how to do it yourself:
1. Start by taking a center section from the arch of the eyebrow on each side and follow down to the nape of the neck.
2. Pin off the rest of the hair to keep it out of the way when we do the center braid.
3. Do a simple reverse french braid aka dutch braid down the entire length of the center section.
4. Gather the rest of the hair in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic or bungee.
5. Using a french hairpin on the underside of the braid, push hairpin thru the elastic to secure in place.
6. Follow with Oribe Superfine Hairspray to keep in place.