If you read ‘25 Ways To Eliminate Toxins From Your System’ Part 1, I hope you took action and are feeling the difference! Anyone? Bueller? If not, I urge you to re-read the first list and finely comb through this one as I PROMISE you that diminishing toxins from your mind, body and life will make you feel so much better!
It might seem like an overwhelming task (especially as you read through Part 2 – 50 things?!), but at the end of the day, you only have one life to live – why not make it as healthy and as safe as possible? Especially if you share that life or home with others.
Remember that it’s all about baby steps. Maybe you do steps 1-10 this week, 2-20 next, and so on. Any change is positive, but I do highly suggest getting through the list when you’re ready!
Here are 25 ways to eliminate toxins in different areas of your life:
1. Take off your shoes when you get home so you aren’t tracking in all the crud from the outside world.
2. Add ginger to your diet; the powerful root helps cleanse toxins from your stomach.
3. Set your intentions every morning to control your thoughts, eliminating the toxic ones from your life.
4. Try a detoxifying wellness shot like this one.
5. Get a massage.
6. Don’t run near heavy traffic; opt for suburban or rural areas to avoid inhaling exhaust fumes.
7. Next time you need new sheets, buy an organic set (I like Boll & Branch). You spend one third of your life in bed!
8. Same goes for a mattress. Next time you need a new one, consider going organic. Regular mattresses contain an insane amount of chemicals, and again, you spend a third of your life in bed.
9. When buying new furniture, consider buying vintage pieces because those have generally off-gassed the hazardous chemicals.
10. Take long deep breathes of high-quality air.
11. Let out deep sighs and loud noises to eliminate emotional toxins.
12. Remove the toxic relationships from your life. This goes for significant others, family members, friends and co-workers. If you’re in a toxic work environment, consider shaking it up and apply for new jobs.
13. Try dry skin brushing to remove dead cells which will allow your skin to breathe and the massage portion will help stimulate your lymphatic system.
14. Take an EPSOM salt bath. Not only can Epsom salts help to soothe an injury or sore muscles, but they can actually draw toxins out of the body.
15. Stay away from secondhand smoke as much as you can.
16. Consider upping your vitamin C which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
17. Nix PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid). PFOA is a man-made chemical that can stay (not only in your system, but the environment as well) for a really long time, and may lead to cancer. Cast iron or non-PFOA pans (I like these by All-Clad) are a great alternative, and a little olive oil should help with the stick.
19. Buy organic coffee! This is an important one because the amount of chemicals used on regular coffee is alarming.
20. Book a colonic, if you dare.
21. Try lymphatic drainage through red light therapy or massage. Why? Because lymph fluid contains white blood cells that are instrumental in fighting infection all throughout the body and these lymph nodes can become congested.
22. Cut out simple carbohydrates, white sugar and flour, and any fried foods.
24. Meditate to clear your mind and release toxic thoughts.
25. Burn safe candles – here’s a list for you.