It’s no secret that since my wellness practices had to change a bit during pregnancy, that I’ve taken on some new ideas that I hadn’t always been into. Things like crystals, saging, and clearing energy – more on the woo-woo side, but TBH, it’s been fun exploring. And even if I’m not feeling physical change from these things, there’s definitely a mental aspect that feels…good!
Recently, a friend taught me about clearing your space and energy, and since I want to bring the baby home to the best environment possible, of course I was down to try.
There are tons of ways to “clear,” and it depends on if you’re clearing your chakras, personal energy, physical environmental, or whatever. I was more interested in clearing my space and personal energy, so here’s what we did (the 2018 version!):
- Unfollowed anyone giving me anxiety, negativity, or comparison vibes. This included removing these people from my contact list as well. #byeee
- Took an epsom salt bath, which can detoxify the mind, body, and spirit. I’ve been doing this multiple times a week.
- Diffused sandalwood and pine essential oils, and even poured some into the bath.
- Got reiki.
- Got acupuncture.
- Used Palo Santo sticks to clear a space.
- Cleaned out from under my bed, as this brings bad energy according to feng shui experts.
- Forgiveness. Focused on letting go of pain in you and that you hold for someone else.
- Burned sandalwood and dried sage to get rid of negative vibes in a room or home.
- Opened the windows for fresh air (which I try to do often, even in winter).
All clear and feeling great! Have you attempted to clear space or energy before? Thoughts?