Today’s LIVE WELL might be a bit uncomfortable, but I just want to touch on a few key things to keep in mind when it comes to maintaining good digestive health. Because nobody likes bloating and indigestion, right? Right.
To avoid symptoms (think bloating, stomach pain, diarrhea and gas) of things like heartburn and IBS, keep the following food items within arm’s reach as you plan your summer picnics and BBQs:
- Yogurts loaded with probiotics
- Whole grains
- Chia seeds
- Fermented foods like kimchi
- Green beans
And the foods to consume a little more sparingly (like when they’re really, really worth it):
- Chili peppers or anything too spicy
- Greasy foods—most oils are very hard to digest
- Processed foods
- Citrus fruits
- Carbonated drinks (even sparkling water!)
Hopefully this little guide helps you navigate the produce section a little easier and keeps digestion top of mind. Any other tips to go along with this topic?