February 13, 2015 |
This dessert is actually called Horká Láska in the Czech Republic. It literally means hot love. It’s a great dessert for any time of year with the cold ice cream and hot raspberry sauce but especially for Valentine’s Day. The vanilla and raspberry combination is literally a flavor explosion in your mouth.
Here’s how you make it:
Good quality vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/2 tbsp salted butter
1 tbsp framboise
1. Add raspberries & white sugar to a sauce pan and place over medium heat
2. Stir, then add the butter and framboise, stir again
3. Remove from heat and pour hot raspberry sauce over vanilla ice cream
To watch a video on this recipe head right this way.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
August 13, 2014 |
Let’s talk about the ultimate dessert table for any party: Do It Yourself Ice Cream Bar.
Choose your favorite ice cream flavors, toppings, and cute bowls – set it up, sit back, relax and enjoy!
How To Set Up The Ultimate Ice Cream Bar:
1. Arrange an eclectic mix of plates and bowls.
2. Fill bowls with your favorite toppings: cookies, sprinkles, berries, nuts, chocolate & toasted coconut.
3. Just before serving, scoop ice cream into large bowls.
This video was made in collaboration with the wonderfully talented LA-based chef, caterer and party planner, Annie Campbell – visit her blog at: Après Fête.
June 19, 2014 |
Love watermelon? Love popsicles? Then you may want to consider cooling off with this recipe all summer long. Here’s how you make them:
– 4 cups watermelon
– 1/4 cup sugar
– Juice of 1 lime
1. Scoop out the watermelon.
2. Add watermelon, lime and sugar to a food processor (or blender).
3. Blend & adjust for taste.
4. Freeze & enjoy!
June 11, 2014 |
This strawberry shortcake kabob recipe is amazing for three reasons:
1. It’s only 3 ingredients.
2. It’s super inexpensive.
3. It’s the perfect dessert if you’re entertaining, a definite crowd pleaser!
Ok, maybe four reasons, they couldn’t possibly be any cuter, could they?
– Pre-made short cake
– Whipped cream
1. Starting with pre-made short cake, cut the loaf in half to create 1/2″ thick slices, then cut into cubes
2. Slice strawberries
3. Create a base with the strawberry head, then layer on one piece of cake & whipped cream
4. Repeat until desired height
Optional, Chocolate Lovers: Drizzle chocolate syrup after assembled!
Annnd my video for this recipe is right THIS WAY.
May 20, 2014 |
When peaches are in season, this recipe is the ultimate. Prepared roasted and topped with a delicious mascarpone mixture + toasted almonds? Yes, PLEASE! Here’s how to make it:
Recipe: Roasted Peaches With Mascarpone & Honey
– 4 peaches, halved
– Unsalted butter
– 12 oz mascarpone
– 3/4 cup whipping cream
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– Toasted, slivered almonds
1. Place halved peaches face up on a baking sheet
2. Top each with a sliver of unsalted butter
3. Drizzle modestly with honey
4. Roast at 350 for 20 minutes
5. In a bowl, combine mascarpone with whipping cream & vanilla
6. Remove peaches from oven & top with a dollop of cream
7. Top generously with almonds