Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean ice cream season is over… it’s honestly always ice cream season at my house. For Thanksgiving, I’m tweaking the usual pumpkin pie habit for a healthier option: homemade, vegan, coconut and pumpkin ice cream. So delicious!
Here’s how it’s made (or click play in the video above):
15 oz can coconut milk
1 level cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
Let’s talk about the ultimate dessert table for any party: Do It Yourself Ice Cream Bar.
Choose your favorite ice cream flavors, toppings, and cute bowls – set it up, sit back, relax and enjoy!
How To Set Up The Ultimate Ice Cream Bar:
1. Arrange an eclectic mix of plates and bowls.
2. Fill bowls with your favorite toppings: cookies, sprinkles, berries, nuts, chocolate & toasted coconut.
3. Just before serving, scoop ice cream into large bowls.
This video was made in collaboration with the wonderfully talented LA-based chef, caterer and party planner, Annie Campbell – visit her blog at: Après Fête.
When peaches are in season, this recipe is the ultimate. Prepared roasted and topped with a delicious mascarpone mixture + toasted almonds? Yes, PLEASE! Here’s how to make it:
Recipe: Roasted Peaches With Mascarpone & Honey
– 4 peaches, halved
– Unsalted butter
– 12 oz mascarpone
– 3/4 cup whipping cream
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– Toasted, slivered almonds
1. Place halved peaches face up on a baking sheet
2. Top each with a sliver of unsalted butter
3. Drizzle modestly with honey
4. Roast at 350 for 20 minutes
5. In a bowl, combine mascarpone with whipping cream & vanilla
6. Remove peaches from oven & top with a dollop of cream
7. Top generously with almonds