I love this recipe so matcha! The almost-vegan matcha green tea coconut ice cream is SO good and not just in taste; it’s dairy free and doesn’t contain refined sugar, making it pretty darn clean.
The rich and creamy base comes from coconut milk and coconut cream, while the sweetness comes from the dates, honey and vanilla almond milk. And then, of course, the bold flavor comes from the matcha which is packed with antioxidants and has its own slew of health benefits.
This is basically one of the healthiest—but more importantly, tastiest—ice creams I’ve ever eaten. Here’s how to make it:
Recipe: Matcha Green Tea & Coconut Ice Cream
1 can organic full-fat coconut milk
1 can organic coconut cream (I like this brand)
1 cup organic vanilla almond milk
2-3 Tbsp organic matcha green tea powder (I like this brand)
3-4 organic pitted medjool dates
1/4 cup honey
Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean ice cream season is over… it’s honestly always ice cream season at my house. For Thanksgiving, I’m tweaking the usual pumpkin pie habit for a healthier option: homemade, vegan, coconut and pumpkin ice cream. So delicious!
Here’s how it’s made (or click play in the video above):
15 oz can coconut milk
1 level cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
Let’s talk about the ultimate dessert table for any party: Do It Yourself Ice Cream Bar.
Choose your favorite ice cream flavors, toppings, and cute bowls – set it up, sit back, relax and enjoy!
How To Set Up The Ultimate Ice Cream Bar:
1. Arrange an eclectic mix of plates and bowls.
2. Fill bowls with your favorite toppings: cookies, sprinkles, berries, nuts, chocolate & toasted coconut.
3. Just before serving, scoop ice cream into large bowls.
This video was made in collaboration with the wonderfully talented LA-based chef, caterer and party planner, Annie Campbell – visit her blog at: Après Fête.
When peaches are in season, this recipe is the ultimate. Prepared roasted and topped with a delicious mascarpone mixture + toasted almonds? Yes, PLEASE! Here’s how to make it:
Recipe: Roasted Peaches With Mascarpone & Honey
– 4 peaches, halved
– Unsalted butter
– 12 oz mascarpone
– 3/4 cup whipping cream
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– Toasted, slivered almonds
1. Place halved peaches face up on a baking sheet
2. Top each with a sliver of unsalted butter
3. Drizzle modestly with honey
4. Roast at 350 for 20 minutes
5. In a bowl, combine mascarpone with whipping cream & vanilla
6. Remove peaches from oven & top with a dollop of cream
7. Top generously with almonds