May 18, 2016 |
When it comes to style, the perfect pair of jeans is equal parts secret weapon and security blanket. And, when it comes to denim, vintage Levi’s are pretty much the gold standard. But where does one find that perfectly worn in pair? Here are seven places (other than Etsy & ebay which are also excellent sources but require more digging) to scoop up the forever flattering fit:
1. RE/DONE specialize in repurposing vintage denim, hand-cutting and resewing them based on the denim trends of the season, to ensure a perfect fit.
2. Denim Refinery has an expertly curated selection of vintage denim. You’ll find your standard vintage Levi 501s, but also rare finds that are distressed, ripped, and patched.
May 6, 2016 |
My very first memory of off-the-shoulder tops was on Penny from Dirty Dancing. My sister and I would watch that movie on repeat then dance, attempt to carry watermelons and play “Dirty Dancing” dress up which included body suits, flowey skirts, button-ups knotted as crops and off-the-shoulder tops (which were simply t-shirts with a stretched out neck).
I haven’t worn the shoulder baring trend since but as the saying goes, everything comes back in style, and this spring/summer it’s ALL about the return off-the-shoulder top. The flirty and flattering cut has swept the fashion scene in a variety of silhouettes, fabrics and aesthetics making it a wardrobe essential.
From crop-tops to waterfall sleeves, loose to tight and pretty lace to embroidered linen, there are so many OTS variations to pair with jeans and heels, high-waisted trousers or mid-length skirts for a fresh look.
Here are 12 of my favorite off the shoulder tops in various price ranges and styles:
1. Forever 21 Off-the-Shoulder Lace Top ($19.90)
2. Lush Off the Shoulder Top ($36)
3. Out From Under Innocent Off-The-Shoulder Bodysuit ($44)
4. Kimchi Blue Clemence One-Shoulder Top ($44)
5. Silence + Noise Lola Off-The-Shoulder Cropped Top ($44)
6. Lavish Cold Shoulder Top ($45)
7. ASOS Stripe Off the Shoulder Top In Blue Stripe or Blush Pink ($52)
8. Dual Color Off The Shoulder Top By New Revival ($94)
9. Amanda Uprichard Kiara Top ($158)
10. Saloni Carrie Striped Off The Shoulder Crop Top ($250)
11. Tanya Taylor Ione Striped Off The Shoulder Blouse ($450)
12. Gabriela Hearst Embroidered Peasant Top ($2,595)
I’m wearing a Michael Star top and vintage Levi’s
April 29, 2016 |
Coachella may be behind but festival season is in full swing! In the coming months music lovers will pour into Stagecoach, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and hundreds of other local festivals to hear their favorite bands, dance in the sun and make life long memories.
If you’re attending any of the festivals and aren’t sure what to wear, I have a simple go-to uniform that is not contrived but is anything but basic:
Cut-offs + an Old Navy Tee + Boots + Heavy Metal Bling = WIN!
For starters, cut-offs are a classic you can never go wrong with. Am I right? Secondly, Old Navy’s reinvented Tee’s collection has a wide range of fresh silhouettes including fitted, and boyfriend styles as well as redesigned fabrics to give them an elevated look. I love their black, white or stripes (in soft-washed or linen blend) for festivals and the best part is that they’re really soft and pre-shrunk so after a dusty festival, you can just pop them in the washer without concern. Pair your cut-offs and effortless Old Navy tee with boots and heavy metal bling for just the right amount of rock n’ roll and you are ready to go!
April 19, 2016 |
I’m back from Coachella and it was a BLAST! Besides the music, the highlight this year was the evolved and refreshingly different desert fashion. It was bye-bye flower child, hello rockstar status!
The usual bohemian dresses, flash tattoos and flower crowns were replaced with vintage tee’s, lots of leather, heavy metal accessories and sick cornrows of all variations. Perhaps it was Guns N’ Roses inspired, but whatever it was, the new vibe was the style reset Coachella needed.
I’m wearing: AG Sophia 4 Years Twilight Shredded Jeans, Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses, vintage t-shirt (sliced off the bottom to make it a crop-top) and DYLANLEX Necklace