Oh tomato soup, how I love thee! With a nice and toasty grilled cheese (or grilled cheese croutons) all fall and winter long there’s nothing better. Then comes the hot summer sun and it’s time to take the ripest of tomatoes in a new soup direction…cold! That’s were Gazpacho comes in.
Refreshing, healthy and easy to whip up (absolutely no cooking whatsoever) the day before the chilled soup is a summer favorite.
You will need:
– ½ cup peeled, finely diced tomatoes
– ¼ cup finely diced green pepper
– 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
– ¼ cup finely diced cucumber
– ¼ cup finely diced celery
– 2 tbsp chopped parsley
– 1 clove minced garlic
– 3 cups tomato juice (I like Sacramento)
– ¼ tsp Tabasco
– ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 2-3 tbsp wine vinegar
– ½ tsp dried basil
– 1 tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp corn oil
– sliced avocado
1. Prep all ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
2. Cover & chill for at least four hours.
3. Serve with sliced avocado and/or homemade croutons.
For more videos on recipes, home decor and DIY’s subscribe to LEAFtv!read more