November 29, 2013 |
Whenever people ask me what to splurge on for a girl during the holidays I always hint at a beautiful piece of jewelry and here’s why: while most girls will splurge on the occasional shoe or bag, they don’t really pony up when it comes to buying themselves jewelry.
I recommend going one of two routes (or both!):
1. Staples. A beautiful piece she can wear every single day is always a win. Think rings, a pair of studs or a delicate diamond necklace (like any of the Jennifer Meyer, Ileana Makri or Ana Khouripieces pieces here).
2. Statement. Something flossy and bossy that she can wear for special occasions will make her feel like a million bucks (how good is this link necklace by Sidney Garber?).
To explore the idea further, I teamed up with LoveGold and Barneys New York to create a gold gift guide with some of my favorite gorgeous pieces that work for all sorts of different women. Chhhhhheck it out here.
November 29, 2013 |
Stylish and simple. Just the way I like.
More Cate Underwood outfit inspo here, here and after the j-u-m-p!
November 27, 2013 |
Three years ago I decided that I’d no longer be the girl rushing to buy a bottle of wine on my way to a holiday party – it was too stressful, too last minute and left me feeling a bit inconsiderate. My solution? I started stocking hostess gifts to have on hand for the holiday party craze.
This year I found some really great finds on Neiman Marcus Last Call who has a variety of price-points as low as $12 for a fragrant candle or $14 for a crystal votive candleholder to high-luxe gifts at great values like cashmere, silk ties, designer jewelry boxed sets, and more.
Some of my favorites:
1. Holiday Arthur Court Bowl
2. Archipelago Cinnamon Spice Candle
3. Nambe Fountain Crystal Candlesticks
4. Godinger Crocodile Napkin Rings
5. Gourmet French Vanilla Caramel Pretzels
6. Blue Gator Valet Box
7. Goding Silver Salad Set
8. Design House Stockholm Silver Plated Shell Candle
9. Lady Primrose Mirrored Vanity Tray
10. Hammered Bar Set Serveware
Comparable in price to a bottle of wine, $12-$60, who wouldn’t love one of these presents?
I also order a handful of cute gift bags, tissue paper and cards and whenever it’s time to hit a party – voilà !
p.s. i also bought these booties while shopping on last call. cute, right?