This breakfast sandwich is packed with avocado, bacon, gruyere, a fried egg and a nice spicy sauce slathered on grilled ciabatta. It’s a guarantee dad-pleaser especially when made with love. One, two, three….AWW!
Recipe: Spicy Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
– 2 tbsp mayonnaise
– 1-2 tsp Chalula (more or less depending on taste)
– 1/2 avocado, sliced
– 5-7 pieces aged gruyere, sliced
– 3-5 slices of bacon, fried (see: how to fry bacon)
– 2 eggs, fried (see: how to fry an egg)
– 2 slices of ciabatta (or bread of your choice)
– Pinch of arugula
1. Mix mayonnaise, chalula, S + P in a bowl, set aside.
2. Fry bacon, starting on a cold skillet – fry on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook on other side for another 1 min (Drain on a paper towel).
3. Fry 2 eggs, sunny side up – medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Slice ciabatta bread in half and brush with olive oil. Heat over medium high heat until golden brown.
5. Spread spicy sauce, top with avocado (mashed), cheese, arugula, bacon and 1 egg.