I was determined to figure out how to recreate the braid myself and today, with notes from TIGI’s Global Creative Director Nick Irwinn, I finally did it!
“The trick with this is to pull apart the braid with your hands — pretend like you’re actually kneading bread,” Irwin said about the technique.
The step by step:
1. Mist clean, dry hair with CATWALK® by TIGI® Transforming Dry Shampoo.
2. Separate hair into three sections and gather back section into a low, loose ponytail. Secure with an elastic band or string.
3. Braid the back section and secure ends with an elastic. Gently knead the braid to loosen, allowing front pieces to fall and frame the face.
4. Wrap each side section around the center braid and secure with an elastic. Be sure to hide the elastic.
5. Finish with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray.