Quinoa is the ultimate health food. It’s full of fiber, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and happens to be a complete protein. Quinoa is generally served savory (as a side or salad), but it also works as a sweet breakfast dish. So, experiment swapping out your oatmeal and starting your day with this easy & nutritious recipe!
– 2 cups 1% milk
– 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
– 3 tbsp light brown sugar
– 1/8 tsp cinnamon
– Blueberries (or your favorite fruit)
1. Bring milk to a slight boil
2. Add quinoa and reduce to simmer
3. Stir in light brown sugar and cinnamon
4. Cook, covered, until milk is absorbed (8-10 mins)
5. Stir in fresh blueberries.