Fall is the best, not only because of chunky scarves and layers, but because it is officially soup season. It’s the time of year to come home at night and enjoy a warming, healthy dish that requires minimal heavy-lifting. Anything that simmers on it’s own for 30 minutes and allows for some wind-down time is a win in my book.
Sweet potatoes are a major source of beta-carotene (vitamin A), vitamin C and manganese – all of which are amazing for skin, hair and bone health. This recipe could not be easier and it has major flavor. Here’s how it’s done and to watch a video on this recipe head right this way:
You will need:
1 lb sweet potato
2 large shallots
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups chicken stock
Greek yogurt (optional)
1. Peel 1 lb sweet potato & cut into 1 1/2-inch thick cubes
2. Peel 2 large shallots & cut lengthwise
3. In a large bowl, add: sweet potato, shallots, olive oil, thyme, cumin & salt
4. Spread evenly on a baking sheet & roast at 450 for 25 mins
5. Over medium heat, add chicken stock & heat until steamy
6. Add sweet potatoes to chicken stock
7. Remove from heat & blend with an immersion blender until smooth
8. Plate & top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, coarse salt & pepper
This looks fantastic! Filling, tasty, healthy, perfect for a cool fall day. Definitely bookmarking.
lifestyle by joules
A bowl of warm soup is definitely welcoming on colder days! This looks like a perfect dish to go for, thanks for sharing!
Looks divine. Great post!
Love this – I’m a creamy soup fanatic, and sweet potato makes everything better.
This looks so yummy!
How is chicken stock vegan?
And Greek yougurt vegan also?
Thanks for updating the intro to this recipe!
This recipe is NOT vegan! It contains chicken stock!
And yoghurt! These are not ingredients a vegan eats.
yummy in my tummy 🙂