When it comes to style, the perfect pair of jeans is equal parts secret weapon and security blanket. And, when it comes to denim, vintage Levi’s are pretty much the gold standard. But where does one find that perfectly worn in pair? Here are seven places (other than Etsy & ebay which are also excellent sources but require more digging) to scoop up the forever flattering fit:
1. RE/DONE specialize in repurposing vintage denim, hand-cutting and resewing them based on the denim trends of the season, to ensure a perfect fit.
2. Denim Refinery has an expertly curated selection of vintage denim. You’ll find your standard vintage Levi 501s, but also rare finds that are distressed, ripped, and patched.
3. Nasty Gal has an assortment of denim pieces made from deadstock vintage fabrics and reworked silhouettes.
4. What Goes Around Comes Around stocks extremely rare pairs so if you want the Rolls-Royce of 501s, then WGACA is your best bet.
7. Urban Outfitters offers a pretty good selection of 501s under their Urban Renewal line and they aren’t crazy expensive.
Warning: New styles sell out quickly, so don’t linger if you love them.