I’ve always wanted to be that girl whose KitchenAid Mixer sits on the counter because she uses it often but the truth is, I’ve used my mixer once since getting married over two years ago. Eeeeeek! Perhaps it’s because I’ve been busy or laser focused on eating hyper healthy but if I’m being totally honest with myself, I think it’s mostly because I’m intimidated by the precision of baking. I want to change that though so as of yesterday, I pulled my mixer out from the back of the cabinet, dusted it off and began cultivating my interest for baking starting with gluten-free blueberry muffins.
I tested a few different recipes and not surprisingly, the recipe with butter, milk and the most sugar turned out to be the most moist and delicious. So, here is a recipe for moist-not-so-healthy-but-bomb gluten-free blueberry muffins.
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to1 Gluten-free Baking Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cups blueberries
2 tbsp granulated sugar optional, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In your mixer (or a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) combine butter and granulated sugar and beat on medium-low speed until just thick (don’t over-mix!). As that’s beating, add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until thick.
5. Stop the mixer and add the milk and vanilla extract – mix until a thick batter forms.
6. Gently fold in your blueberries with a rubber spatula.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans about 2/3 full and sprinkle granulated sugar on top of each muffin (optional but this gives a nice crispy, sugary muffin top).
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after placing through the center of the muffins.
9. Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Any baking recipes that I MUST try?