After about the hundredth joke, and my college internship at 7 For All Mankind, I began to realize that he had a fair point. I started testing out all sorts of different distressing tactics which resulted in two things:
1. A holey/torn/ripped/splattered/bleached/disintegrated denim wardrobe.
2. An easy four step formula to the perfectly distressed pair – complete with a LEAF how-to video, duh!
Distressing your own denim has never been so easy. Ready, set, go!
1. SLICE: Find your knee placement by folding each leg to the zipper then mark with a pencil where the folds are. Place cardstock inside the jeans behind the knee. Press firmly with razor blade and cut horizonal lines, leave 1/4″ in between cuts. Continue making small cuts on front pocket, back pocket & belt loop
2. CUT: Cut the bottom back hem about 1/4″ from the bottom.
3. SAND: Wrap sandpaper around block and heavily sand in areas where distress is desired
4. WASH & DRY