One of the best things I’ve done for my wellness routine is incorporating a meditation practice each morning (I do transcendental) or when it feels good. It not only centers me, but it’s such a calming way to start my day—as opposed to rushing into the shower or looking at my phone. I genuinely look forward to the 20 minutes of quiet, me time.
And instead of simply sitting up in bed or on my couch, I’ve recently taken the extra step to create a full on spiritual oasis a.k.a. meditation-designated area to switch things up. If you’re interested in meditation, already have a practice, or simply want a space that feels peaceful, try creating your own area. You won’t regret it, I promise!
Wellness Challenge: Create a meditation-friendly area
As you can see from my pics, I have a few candles (I like unscented for this space), healing crystals, feathers, a gratitude reminder, palo santo sticks (to clear energy), and a really comfy poof (love this one and this one if you’re in need).
It’s most important to find aspects that will help your personal meditation practice or make you feel at peace. Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- Choose somewhere quiet and away from a lot of movement in your home (even a closet works!).
- Make sure you’re comfortable. I use a poof, but you might want to sit on a rug or even a yoga mat.
- Keep tech out of this space.
- Bring a blanket to cozy up if you’re cold. Nothing worse than trying to quiet your mind and freezing the whole time!
- Bring whatever aspects that are important to you within your practice—maybe that’s an oil diffuser, a special photo, a plant, or pebbles.
P.S. To find more about the meditation practices I love, see this article.