Although we’re approaching the back half of summer, there’s still lots of time left to check things off the ol’ bucket list. So better late than never, right? Right.
I feel really fortunate to live in a place like California where there’s absolutely no shortage of fun outdoor activities. It makes for a slightly more adventurous list of must-dos, but a lot of them you can do no matter where you’re located.
So, here are 20 things I’m hoping to enjoy before summer comes to an end – all that involve wellness in some way, whether it’s physical or mental. If I left off any good ones, please add them in the comments!
- Go kayaking in the ocean (if you’re not on the coast, a lake or river works just as well).
- Send someone fresh flowers.
- Spend an entire weekend without my phone.
- Go on a hiking date with my husband and our pup.
- Rent a boat for a day with friends.
- Create a new smoothie recipe.
- Make a summer cocktail at home and sip on it outside.
- Hit up a local farmer’s market in a new city.
- Make a meal using all the purchases from the farmer’s market trip.
- Enjoy reading a book outside – with SPF obviously! Here are some fav books.
- Go on more afternoon walks with the dog.
- Meditate or set intentions during sunrise outdoors.
- Volunteer at a beach clean up.
- Have a summer picnic at a park.
- Go to a “clean winery” with girlfriends.
- Get a lymphatic drainage facial.
- Visit a new museum on a scorching hot day and learn something new.
- Explore a surrounding state or national park.
- Try a new outdoor workout.
- Bake a homemade pie with fresh berries.
What’s on your bucket list this summer?