Golden Baked Potato Chips
* Yukon Gold potatoes
* Olive or canola oil spray
* Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375° and place two shelves in the center and lower parts of the oven. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with oil.
2. Slice potatoes no thicker than 1/8″. You’ll probably be able to fit one small potato onto each baking sheet, so I recommend slicing only one or two at a time. Line the slices up on the baking sheets in a single layer and spray them all with oil.
3. Bake for about 30 minutes, swapping the trays’ positions about halfway through. In the latter 15 minutes, keep a close eye on the potatoes, as some will crisp up faster than others (especially if there are variations in thickness) and need to be removed ahead of time. You will probably eat those immediately, and that’s okay.
4. When they come out of the oven, salt them while they’re still hot and glisteny. If you plan to add black pepper or herbs, now is a good time to do that as well. Serve warm, save in an airtight container, or eat every single one right off the pan before anybody even finds out you made anything.