Max Vadukul captured 10 designers and the musicians who inspire them most. Jaaamaz or jaaaaaaamaze?
Meet the pairs of “Behind the Muses”:
1. Kanye West & Kate and Laura Mulleavy
2. Donatella Versace & M.I.A.
3. Florence Welch & Frida Giannini
4. Diplo & Alexander Wang
5. Yoko Ono & Proenza Schouler
6. George Craig & Christopher Bailey
7. Janelle Monae & Karl Lagerfeld
“That mixing of art forms and genres [Kanye does], that’s something I respond to.” -Laura Mulleavy
“Her music and style seemed so fresh and innovative. She is a total artist.” -Donatella Versace
“We’re really attracted to independent spirits, people who don’t follow trends. Yoko pretty much personifies that.” -Lazaro Hernandez
“We liked each other from the first second on. Not just because of our style, but also the name: Janelle rhymes with Chanel, no?” -Karl Lagerfeld