Thanksgiving is around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! While others clamor to prepare turkey (tofurky!) and all the fixings for their annual feast, I like to prepare something a little more…festive.
Enter our newest LEAF video: The Tipsy Turkey Cocktail.
Steamed pumpkin? Check! Cinnamon & spice? Check! Maple syrup? Check!
Watch the video to see this amazing recipe (it’s got Turkey in the title for godsakes!) and learn how to add a different twist to your cocktail festivities this year.
How to: The Tipsy Turkey Thanksgiving Cocktail
You will need:
1 part Kanon Vodka
1 part bourbon
¾ part maple syrup
¾ part lemon juice
4 cubes roasted pumpkin
1. Cut a small (3-4 lb) firm sugar pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds with a metal spoon.
2. Fill a biking dish with 1/4 inch water, lay pumpkin face down in water and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until tender. Cut into cubes.
3. Muddle 4 pumpkin cubes with 3/4 part maple syrup, add all other ingredients and shake vigorously.
4. Strain (double strain with sieve, if possible) onto fresh ice in a rocks glass.
5. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
Music: I warned you by Kristie Alexandra
I’m wearing: Geren Ford dress and Sophie Monet necklace