Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a hearty chopped salad every now and then? I teamed up with one of my absolute FAVORITE food bloggers, Valleybrink Road, to compile the ultimate Italian Chopped Salad and man is it good. It’s also HUGE aka ideal for a big group. Dinner party this weekend, anyone?
Recipe: Italian Chopped Salad
– 1 small head iceberg lettuce (halved, cored & thinly sliced)
– 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
– 1 medium radicchio (halved, cored & thinly sliced)
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
– 5 peperoncini stems, cut & thinly sliced
– 4 oz provolone cheese, cut into 1/4″ thick strips
– 4 oz salami, cut into 1/4″ thick strips
For Oregano Vinaigrette:
– 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 2 garlic gloves, minced
– 2 tbsp dried oregano
– 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, dried oregano, lemon juice, sea salt & fresh black pepper. Add 1 cup extra virgin olive oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Drizzle oregano vinaigrette.
5. Toss & ENJOY!
To watch a video on how to make this salad head right this way!