Coconut Oil: One of 2014’s most-talked-about oils for internal and external health benefits, for good reason. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids from saturated fats, unsaturated fats, vitamin’s E and A.
Before the internet craze on this super ingredient started, people had been using it as a natural component in beauty routines for years. Non-toxic, non-harming, nourishing and effective; what’s not to like?
From toothpaste to anti-aging cream, here are seven ways in which I like incorporate coconut oil into my beauty routine (and a LEAF video to go with it):
1. Lotion/Moisturizer. Tip: Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.
2. Natural Deodorant. Try this recipe for a great variation.
3. Make Up Remover. Tip: Warm between your palms & apply with cotton pad.
4. Shaving Cream. Just add water.
5. Lip Balm. Apply lightly for a moisturizing shine!
6. Toothpaste. Try this recipe for a great variation.
7. Wrinkle Remover. The fatty acids present help fight wrinkles.
What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?