Move over hamburgers and hot dogs! It’s all about the grilled clams. Paired with herbed butter this recipe is one of my summer favorites – super flavorful and easy for to whip up. Here’s the recipe and a video to learn how to make them:
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
– 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
– 1 tbsp chopped scallion
– 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice + more
– 1 dozen little neck clams
1. In a bowl, combine: butter, parsley, dill, scallion, lemon juice – then mash
2. Scrub the clams clean
3. Grill them over medium heat, covered, for 6-8 mins (discard any that don’t pop open!)
4. Transfer to a platter with tongs, keeping as much clam juice as possible
5. Dab the herbed butter on each clam
6. Drizzle with lemon & ENJOY!
p.s. if you’re looking to grill other shellfish check out this shrimp recipe
i’ve never eaten clams but think i would really love these – they look delish!