My friends, I give you one of my favorite warm winter dishes. This heart-warming bowl of veggies is packed with flavor, full of nutrients (hiii turmeric lovers!) and super satisfying.
This curry makes for the perfect dinner that gracefully turns into the next day’s lunch and I promise, the flavors combine to form a delicious curry that rivals your favorite restaurant. Also, you make it in one big pot (I use this one by Staub which I love) so there’s not a whole lot of clean up.
Press play in the video above to watch how is easy it is to make it yourself and find the full recipe below.
p.s. the ‘lady of leisure’ sweatshirt is available here
RECIPE: Yellow Thai Veggie Curry
6 medium-sized carrots (peeled & sliced into rounds)
3 medium-sized potatoes (peeled & chopped into 1/2″ cubes)
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1/8 tsp cumin (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp Thai Kitchen red curry paste
2.5 cups water
1 can full-fat coconut milk
Large handful of green beans
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
Brown rice or quinoa, to serve
1. In a small bowl, combine: curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt and curry paste.
2. In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Add carrots and continue to boil for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk and spices, then boil for another 2 minutes. Add your onions and green beans, then continue to boil for another 5 minutes.
4. To thicken, mix cornstarch with 1/2 tbsp of water then add mixture to the pot
5. Serve over brown rice or quinoa and ENJOY!