June 29, 2016 |
Bonjour! I just got back from the south of France and it was truly incredible. We bopped around Antibes, Cannes, and Saint Tropez which were all special in their own way. I loved the Picasso Museum and Farmer’s Market in Antibes, Cannes had a rocking nightlife, and Saint Tropez was surprisingly quaint. We lunched at Club 55, browsed the beachy shops, ate gelato, and talked about spending a future summer there someday. A girl can dream, right?!
We were lucky enough to stay at the legendary Hotel du Cap Eden Roc which was the highlight of the trip. I now understand why Picasso, the Kennedys, Ernest Hemingway and so many of the greats spent their time there. Just like the rest of the country, it was super inspiring—from the design to the food and obviously the fashion.
When packing for the trip, I wanted to bring pieces that were chic yet versatile, and to maintain a streamlined light, textured palette. Shoe wise, I knew I only needed two options: a great gladiator sandal for day and some sort of platform for evenings. I opted for saddle suede instead of my usual black sandals and lived in my Stuart Weitzman ROMANFLAT during the day. I wore them by the pool, to lunches, and they were perfect for long walks around town. At night I’d slip into Stuart Weizman’s ROMANESQUE Sandals which gave me the height I would want from a heel, but with the ease of a platform to navigate cobblestone and gravel.
**This post is sponsored by Stuart Weitzman
June 28, 2016 |
It’s officially summer (yayyy), a season that I absolutely love! The sun is shining, the days are longer—it all kinda feels like a fresh start to me. It’s the perfect time to pick up new good-for-you routines and detox from the chilly months. Here are 10 ways to feel light and healthy all summa long:
- Give your nails a break from polish/chemicals. A simple manicure sans color is natural-chic and excellent for your nails.
- Take Vitamin C supplements which can flush toxins.
- H2O on the go. Prep water bottles (like this one) for all your summer events. Adding cucumber or mint is an extra way to digest and depuff.
- Take advantage of the sunlit mornings to start an a.m. workout routine and sweat it out!
- Replace dessert with hydrating fruit like watermelon which also removes toxins from your body. Frozen fruit popsicles anyone?
June 27, 2016 |
Good nutrition starts with smart choices in the grocery store, but making the right choices can be overwhelming and daunting. There are temptations to throw you off in each aisle, and literally thousands of options to decide between. I head into the store with a game plan and stick to it whether I’m heading in for a couple essentials or a full haul.
Here are the grocery shopping rules I live by, that guarantee a healthier home:
- SHOP THE PERIMETER. This saying was made famous by Michael Pollan (who I love) and it’s one that I live by. The fresh and more nutritious food, including produce, fish, dairy and meat, line the perimeter of the grocery store. This is primarily where I shop because by sticking to the perimeter, I fill my cart with REAL food and avoid the chemicals/processed food lurking in the center aisles.
- REAL FOOD. If there is anything written on the label which I don’t understand, it probably shouldn’t go into my body. As a general rule of thumb, if there are ingredients I can’t pronounce, I don’t buy it. Or as Michael Pollan puts it, “Don’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.”
- ORGANIC. I only buy organic, and if there isn’t an organic option of what I need, I skip it. This is obviously pretty strict and buying as much organic as possible is probably more realistic; however, if you don’t do this already, it’s something to strive for. Also, most restaurants don’t serve organic food which means we’re ingesting free radicals and toxins (pesticides, additives, etc.) often.
June 23, 2016 |
Apologies for the lack of posts but I’ve been traveling and it’s been so wonderful! Regular scheduled posting will resume next week and in the meantime, tune in on Snap and Insta for my wanderlust! You can find me on all apps @gerihirsch. XX
I’m wearing: Capwell + Co. At Sunset Earrings, Lizzie Mandler custom gold choker & Michael Stars off-the-shoulder top