Embellishing walls with frames – either empty or with pictures/art/nick nacks – is not only an interesting form of self expression. It looks great, allows you to constantly change a room and makes for continuous creative experience. For example:
1. Collecting: Your collection of rocks, barbies, snow globes and pogs may have been short lived but photos, frames and art can last forever. Spend time browsing flea markets, garages sales, ebay and aisles at large container stores to build your eclectic mix of frames/photos/art/etc.
2. Photography: Carry your camera everywhere you go and pay attention to what really inspires you. Snap photographs of your inspiration then line your walls with your work. It’s almost a guarantee that the creative energy flowing through home will reach new levels.
3. DIY: Paint, sand, recover, cut, sew, sequin, collage etc. the frames, art and photographs you collect to make them your own.
4. Obsessively order cool prints: Create a folder on your desktop and save the images you’re drawn to most – photos you take, magazine clipping, etc. and print for cheap on Shortrun Posters.
5. Rearrange: Rearrange the layout of your frames and swap out the content inside them as often as your heart desires.