On a recent trip to our local hardware store Soph and discovered how dope rope really is.
We bought 200 feet of it (for quite a few projects – get reaaadz!) and coiled up this simple yet rustic multi-use bowl which happens to make for a great Mother’s Day gift and/or ingredient holder for Cinco De Mayo. Guacamole, anyone?
Get roped into making your very own perfect summer center piece with 5 easy steps below!
How to: DIY Raffia Bowl
You will need:
Bowl (we bought ours at the 99¢ store)
1 package of sisal rope
1. From the bottom of your bowl, glue down rope while continuously wrapping around the outside of the bowl. Press firmly. Continue wrapping until you’ve reached the rim of your bowl.
2. Cut off the end of rope and glue down securely.
3. Create a coil the size of the bottom of your bowl by wrapping rope around itself, glue coil together as you go. Glue coil to the inside of the bowl (do not cut off the end).
4. Using the rope at the end of your coil, glue in a wrapping formation working your way up the inside of your bowl. Once you’ve reached the top of the bowl cut off the end and glue down securely.
5. Measure a piece of rope the size of the rim of your bowl and glue to the top of bowl.