The perfect accompaniment to curling up on your couch in this cold weather? Chai Tea, of course! Here's my simple recipe (and video):
4-6 cardamom pods, bruised
2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
4 tsp loose black tea (prepackaged tea bags are fine)
4-6 tsp raw honey
¼ cup milk
1. Add 4-6 cups of cold water to a deep saucepan.
2. Add cardamom, cloves and ginger.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
4. Add black tea, raw honey and milk.
5. Simmer for 5 min, remove from heat and let sit for 5 min.
6. Serve with ladle & enjoy!
p.s. how dramatic was our song choice for this vid?