A few months back I read “How French Women Curb Cravings: This 5-Minute Breakfast” on ELLE.com then curiously made the recipe.
Et voila! The day starter was everything it promised to be: uber healthy, full of “intestine-wringing benefits,” filling (I eat around 7:30 and don’t get hungry again until about 1pm) and absolutely delicious.
Merci beaucoup Mireille Guiliano for the recipe. It’s officially my go-to and we made this LEAFtv video is made in your honor!
Recipe: The French Start Breakfast
– 1/2 cup low fat greek yogurt
– 1 tsp flaxseed oil
– Juice of 1/2 lemon (I omit this because I start every morning with a cup of hot water with half a lemon)
– 1 tbsp crushed almonds (or walnuts)
– 2 tbsp raw, old fashion oats
– Honey or acai
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl.
2. Drizzle generously with honey.