My very first memory of off-the-shoulder tops was on Penny from Dirty Dancing. My sister and I would watch that movie on repeat then dance, attempt to carry watermelons and play “Dirty Dancing” dress up which included body suits, flowey skirts, button-ups knotted as crops and off-the-shoulder tops (which were simply t-shirts with a stretched out neck).
I haven’t worn the shoulder baring trend since but as the saying goes, everything comes back in style, and this spring/summer it’s ALL about the return off-the-shoulder top. The flirty and flattering cut has swept the fashion scene in a variety of silhouettes, fabrics and aesthetics making it a wardrobe essential.
From crop-tops to waterfall sleeves, loose to tight and pretty lace to embroidered linen, there are so many OTS variations to pair with jeans and heels, high-waisted trousers or mid-length skirts for a fresh look.
Here are 12 of my favorite off the shoulder tops in various price ranges and styles:
1. Forever 21 Off-the-Shoulder Lace Top ($19.90)
2. Lush Off the Shoulder Top ($36)
3. Out From Under Innocent Off-The-Shoulder Bodysuit ($44)
4. Kimchi Blue Clemence One-Shoulder Top ($44)
5. Silence + Noise Lola Off-The-Shoulder Cropped Top ($44)
6. Lavish Cold Shoulder Top ($45)
7. ASOS Stripe Off the Shoulder Top In Blue Stripe or Blush Pink ($52)
8. Dual Color Off The Shoulder Top By New Revival ($94)
9. Amanda Uprichard Kiara Top ($158)
10. Saloni Carrie Striped Off The Shoulder Crop Top ($250)
11. Tanya Taylor Ione Striped Off The Shoulder Blouse ($450)
12. Gabriela Hearst Embroidered Peasant Top ($2,595)