While in Brazil this past January we ate Acai and a lot of it. We’d grab it from a stand for breakfast or buy it off a guy selling it on the hot beach as a nice cold snack – it was so delicious and as it turns out, nutritious. Acai berries are a great source of antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats.
Blended together and topped with fruit, nuts & coconut and you have yourself heaven in a bite!
Recipe: The Acai Bowl
– 1 cup frozen blueberries
– 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
– 1 large frozen banana, sliced
– 1/2 cup coconut water
– 1 tbsp acai powder
– Fresh strawberries to top
– Fresh banana to top
– Sliced almonds
– Coconut flakes
1. Blend first five ingedients until smooth.
2. Top with fresh cut strawberries, banana, almonds & coconut flakes.