Cafe Midi is one of my absolute favorite LA restaurants. There’s something for everyone on the vast menu, I love the French-Moroccan home decor shop it’s connected to and the owner/chef, Edouard Moyal, is a real character who puts a big smile on everyone’s face with his gregarious personality.
After eating his broccoli salad complete with apples and basil (sounds odd but trust me, it’s delicious) dozens upon dozens of times, we at LEAF decided it was time to capture him and his recipe on film. It’s a must watch (here) and MUST make! Trust.
Recipe: Cafe Midi’s Broccoli Salad
– 1-2 heads of broccoli
– 1/2 cucumber, chopped
– 1 green apple, cored & sliced
– 1 tomato, sliced
– 1 avocado, sliced
– 2 pinches of fresh basil, chiffonade
– Garlic powder
– Balsamic vinaigrette
– Olive oil
1. Blanch your broccoli then cut into florets, remove stems & break apart.
2. Add all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with balsamic & olive oil, toss.
5. Plate & garnish with basil leaves + more olive oil.