Charcoal is proven to draw bacteria and toxins out of the skin, which means it helps with all the pesky blackheads and inflammation. This charcoal face mask is both detoxifying and calming, with the addition of chamomile and aloe vera. Charcoal facials can be up to $200 at the salon, so make this yourself and toss on a DIY eye mask to save big (plus have extra for later!).
Here’s how to do it yourself:
1 bag of chamomile tea
1-2 tsp shea butter
2 tbsp bentonite clay
3 capsules activated charcoal
3 tbsp aloe vera
1-2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Add the chamomile tea bag to 1.5 oz of water in a pot over medium heat
- In a heat-safe bowl, add the shea butter and melt it over the pot with chamomile
- Separately, mix: bentonite clay and activated charcoal. Then combine the wet (chamomile tea, shea butter) with the dry.
- Add aloe vera and eucalyptus oil. Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container. Apply to clean face for 15 minutes.
Photos: Hello Glow