It’s officially summer (yayyy), a season that I absolutely love! The sun is shining, the days are longer—it all kinda feels like a fresh start to me. It’s the perfect time to pick up new good-for-you routines and detox from the chilly months. Here are 10 ways to feel light and healthy all summa long:
- Give your nails a break from polish/chemicals. A simple manicure sans color is natural-chic and excellent for your nails.
- Take Vitamin C supplements which can flush toxins.
- H2O on the go. Prep water bottles (like this one) for all your summer events. Adding cucumber or mint is an extra way to digest and depuff.
- Take advantage of the sunlit mornings to start an a.m. workout routine and sweat it out!
- Replace dessert with hydrating fruit like watermelon which also removes toxins from your body. Frozen fruit popsicles anyone?
- Make iced green tea your go-to. It’s refreshing and full of detoxing benefits.
- Skin brush + oil massage to exfoliate toxins from your skin.
- Pack winter stuff away. Clearing your closet of anything you won’t wear instantly adds a sense of lightness to your life.
- Let your hair air dry. Chlorine and salt water are drying enough in the warmer months, so give your strands a break where you can.
- Skip the foundation. Tinted moisturizers are light and don’t weigh your skin down, and nobody likes a heavy face of makeup when it’s hot.
Do you have summer detox ideas?