As I was doing a little de-cluttering and spring cleaning last week, I thought it’d be fun to talk about exactly what was in my give-away, throw-away, and to-sell piles. If you have any of these 15 things laying around your house, consider saying byeeeeee!
- Stretched out hair bands and bobby pins – I literally never reach for these dead ones, so why keep?
- Receipts that are over 6 months old (unless they’re for a major purchase or something important, obviously).
- Sunblock and any beauty products that are old, have changed texture, or that you haven’t used in the last year for one reason or another.
- Magazines you’ll never read again.
- Socks without a partner.
- Pens that don’t work.
- The mugs you never grab in the morning. I had a few small ones that never beat out my big mugs.
- Food beyond expiration date in your fridge and pantry.
- Those shoes that kill your feet.
- Old medicine.
- Business cards and anything in your wallet that’s pilled up.
- Candles that barely have any wax left.
- Notepads that are nearly empty. Instead, rip out the remaining paper and paperclip them in the junk drawer for quick notes.
- Nail polish that’s losing form.
- Anything in your linen closet that doesn’t match up (random pillowcases, sheets, etc).
OK, your turn! What are you getting rid of this spring cleaning season?