A full day at work can be extremely taxing on your mind and body – no matter if you’re on your feet, sitting at a desk (at-home included) or consulting all over town. So, before you head out to meet friends for drinks or dinner, consider spending a few minutes of “you time” so that you give yourself a pause to healthily de-stress from the day. Here are seven easy to tips that can help you productively unwind, re-energizing your spirit and helping to make the most of your time out of the office.
- Meditate: Concentrating on your breath helps ease tension and fills you with oxygen. Here are some ideas on ways to meditate.
- Plants: Plants add oxygen to the air which has a calming effect. Either go for a long walk or fill your home with a few plants for the benefits – like some of these.
- Tea: Herbal teas (like chamomile) have a soothing effect, and if you want a little extra, try making a wellness tonic by adding some adaptogens.
- Work It Out: Doing a workout or short yoga practice alleviates tension and gets out pent up aggression.
- Foot Soak: A relaxing epsom salt soak helps reduce stress from the bottom up! This is a great recipe.
- Technology Off: Shutting down your devices helps the mind to rest.
- Face Mask: Applying your favorite mask helps calm from the top down! Here’s a list of my favorite clean non-toxic masks.
What helps you unwind after work?