Between all the wellness content out there, living a healthy lifestyle can feel overwhelming – we know this. But what if you just focused on super simple healthy habits? Ones that don’t feel too confusing, complicated, or crazy. Ones that don’t involve cacao powder, high-intensity workouts or collagen water (though we’re fans of all of the above!). Sometimes simplicity is the best way to make a change, so here are 8 easy habits to finally consider sticking to.
- Drink more water. But how? Get in the habit of keeping a big ass cup next to your bathroom sink. Fill it up before you brush your teeth and chug. Repeat it twice if you can. You can also do the same at your desk, with a water bottle in your car, and so on, but the sink is a great place to start. I adore this bkr bottle for keeping things cold and avoiding plastic while I’m out.
- Get up from your desk every 30-60 minutes to stretch or walk around for a few. Set a recurring timer on your phone (like right now) to help you remember.
- Stretch more. An easy way to incorporate this into your day is to do it right when you wake up and right before bed. This is incredibly important as we get older, too.
- Take your vitamins. Most Americans are Vitamin D deficient, among other things. And while everyone is different, most of us can benefit from a simple multivitamin. I personally love MegaFood’s chewy version because I don’t even need anything to chase it down with. I keep these next to my coffee so they’re never to be forgotten.
- Get in your steps. 10,000 steps a day is ideal, but simply walk as much as you can without stressing about it. Wear a tracker or use the Health app on your iPhone to stay accountable. I find that asking myself “can I walk while doing this?” really helps. Conference calls, a quick trip to the grocery down the street, after dinner while connecting with my family, etc.
- Prioritize sleep. We have a ton of articles that can help like here and here. But bottom line: set yourself up for success. Create a simple evening routine (like getting into bed early and reading or meditating) and allow your body/mind time to unwind. And keep the phone on Airplane Mode!
- Start your day with a healthy smoothie. This is one of the best habits I ever started and years later, I still stick to it. Don’t worry about lunch and dinner – start small when you need to. Ideas for smoothie recipes here and here.
- Have gratitude. It’s good for your soul AND mind and can be done lying in bed before you doze off. Doesn’t get easier than that!
What’s one small and simple habit you do every single day to improve your health?