With the start of fall, sometimes I find myself suddenly lacking in my usual wellness practices because the days are a bit shorter, the temperature a bit lower and all I want to do is hang out on the couch. This year I’m trying to be more mindful of this kind of behavior (not that there isn’t a right time to just be lazy though) and kickstart fall with some healthy habits. I already wrote about specific things to do at the start of each season, but this list focuses more on the autmn season.
- Consider a warm meal diet.
- Give your locks a break with some clean hair care. Let it be the season of detox instead of gluttony.
- Incorporate thinking time into your daily or weekly schedule. Especially helpful if you had a super busy summer!
- Limit the sulfates and parabens in your beauty and household products. Do the same in the gifts you’ll give in the upcoming holiday season.
- Put your phone on airplane mode while you sleep. Fall means darker evenings, so take advantage of the best sleep of the year.
- Learn to use social media in a more meaningful way. ‘Tis the season of gratitude and feels after all!
- Really think about and consider who you let into your life, especially as the social engagements usually pile up starting in fall.
- Make this cold & flu tonic at the first sight of a sickness.
- Be more mindful about having patience during a busy time of year (here are 5 quick tips!).
- Try one of 2019’s most popular wellness trends before the year is up.
- Cut your screen time and swap it for family activities, cooking or time for yourself. The days are short in fall, don’t waste them on IG.
- Write out a fall wellness bucket list – or just use ours!
- We know that dark morning commute is rough, so listen to a new podcast to stay inspired…and awake. This list features some pretty great ones.
- Have a humbleness check-in.
- Do a little fall detox using this easy-to-follow guide.
Anything else to add to the list?